Reporting to the Country Managing Partner and to the Group CFO, this role offers the opportunity for a commercially minded professional to make a significant difference to the firm’s financial management and performance.
As member of the Executive Committee, you will take responsibility for the full spectrum of functions performed by the firm’s finance team.
You will be expected to take a proactive role in the analysis of the firm’s financial results and ensure that the business understands the drivers of any variances.
You will be the key bridge between the finance team and the business units and will take an active role in identifying and implementing (where appropriate) areas for improvement.
You’ll lead a team of 6 people.
Your assignment will start with completing the full implementation of our ERP (NetSuite) in all Mazars Group entities in Italy.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITY
Tax, accounting and cash management
- Manage and develop the accounting team responsible for AR, AP and aspects of GL
- Review the financial data necessary to support regulatory periodic reviews
- Prepare all periodic reports to be submitted to fiscal authorities (especially review annual VAT return and support the preparation of the year-end corporate tax return)
- Liaise with corporate secretarial agents and other agencies as required
- Review the year-end audit pack and liaise with the auditors and group finance as required
- Manage the cash control – monitoring AR and WIP and proactively liaising with the business when required to expedite billings and collections
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reporting and provide explanation of significant variances, financial analysis and value adding commentaries, respecting Group deadlines
- Prepare budgeting and forecasting on a monthly and annual basis for cash, and on a quarterly and annual basis for income and costs
- Coordinate with management to support and challenge business plan assumptions
- Coordinate with management to ensure a clear understanding of the financial performance on client assignments – profit and cash perspectives. Work closely with Managers & Partners on monthly reviews of WIP reports
- Assist in administrative matters and any other ad-hoc assignments
- Support the ERP project manager for its implementation in all Mazars entities in Italy: configuration, user acceptance test & go-live preparation
- Understand and manage the financial aspect of the end to end process
- Advise on best practice for all Engagement Management related matters
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in Economics / Business Management
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in Finance & Accounting with not less than 3 years in a managerial role
- Good knowledge of fiscal and accounting issues (both Italian and IFRS)
- Italian and English fluent, French will be a plus
- Previous use of NetSuite (or a similar ERP) will be a plus
- Experience in an International Consulting Firm is appreciated
- Self-starter, high level of initiative, work independently
- Ability to interact at all levels of the organisation
- At ease in complex environments
- Strong communication skills